Please contact the office to confirm the current needs of the home.
Contact Ms. Catherine Yeo or Ms. Mala at 603-87245153/8 for details
DESA AMAL JIREH (Jireh Charity Village) is a private, independent welfare organization, founded by Rev. Terrence K. K. Sinnadurai & his wife, Mrs. Kamala Sinnadurai. It is a registered Home with the Government Welfare Department and with the Registrar of Societies with Tax-Exemption status. It does the works of Rumah Faith (established in 1985) for needy children, Faith Eagle’s Nest (established in 1992) for destitute senior citizens and Eagle’s Nest ICT Centre, the happening place for those above 50 years old from Kajang and nearby areas, not only for learning computer skills, but it is a hub for a host of other activities such as, English & Line Dancing classes, Floral arrangement, Health talks, Tours, etc.
Nearly 300 needy and poor children have been helped in their education and today many are doing well. We have a Doctor in Alternative Medicine, a Civil Engineer, a Nurse, Computer Graduates, Salesmen, Businessmen, Pet Shop Owner, etc. Almost twentyfive years of providing care and education with the community’s help is not in vain. Educating the poor, the underprivileged, giving them hope and another opportunity to make it in life is our vision and mission. We have a few children studying in universities and colleges.
We even have set up a Home School, Rumah Faith Learning Centre, where about 20 children who do not fit into the Government Schools are given a second chance in education. Education is our priority because education gives a better hope for the poor child from a broken home. We now have 97 children and 12 Senior Citizens. We are able to take care of 200 needy children and 50 destitute senior citizens.
We need about RM75,000 monthly or RM1 million annually for our operational expenses.
We are pleased to append below some of the projects you may be interested in sponsoring,
for your kind consideration:
1) Bigger Drain Gratings : RM27,188.00
2) Solar Water Heater for the whole Nursery Block : RM29,000.00
3) Van for transporting children to schools/clinics/hospitals/outings : RM80,000.00
4) Store using Containers : Each container will cost RM3,300 x 8 containers = RM26,400.00(excluding transportation and installation). These containers will be used for storage of items, Bicycle and Furniture Workshops and Skills Training for our children.
5) Snoezelen Therapy Room : For our special children and those slow learners. : RM25,000.00
6) Air Conditioners for Multipurpose Hall : RM43,480.00
7) 2 Units of 2hp Air Conditioners for Library : RM5,000.00
8) Tuition Teachers Fees : RM3,050.00 per month
9) Painting of Building :Normal paint (Interior & Exterior) = RM6,000 per Block x 4 Blocks = RM24,000.00
We are celebrating our 25th Anniversary Silver Jubilee this year. '25 Years of Caring & Sharing' with the needy, underprivileged children and 18 years of caring the destitute senior citizens.